miso fish cakes
miso-easy | serves 2 | prep time 20 | cook time 20
- 1 steamed salmon fillet, cooled
- 2 medium potatoes, baked and flesh removes
- 3 sachets miso'easy traditional
- 1 finely chopped red chilli
- 1 stalk lemongrass
- 1 fresh kaffir lime leaf
- 1/2 small bunch finely chopped coriander
- 1 clove finely grated garlic
- 1 small piece finely grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 1/4 cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt or dairy free alternative
- 2 finely chopped spring onions
In a large bowl break up the salmon and add to the potato. Drizzle in the miso and then add in the chilli, lemongrass, lime leaf, coriander, garlic, ginger and lime zest. Fold through gently until it starts to come together.
Shape into patties and then pan fry for ⅔ minutes on either side until golden brown. Keep warm in a low oven while you make the slaw.
In a small bowl, mix together the miso, tahini, lemon zest and juice and natural yoghurt. Toss through with the cabbage, carrots and apple. Serve on the side of your fishcakes with a sprinkling of spring onions and a squeeze of lime zest.